Disclaimer: These papers are made available as a means to ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work on a non-commercial basis. Copyright and all rights therein are maintained by the authors or by other copyright holders, notwithstanding that they have offered their works here electronically. It is understood that all persons copying this information will adhere to the terms and constraints invoked by each author’s copyright. These works may not be reposted without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.
- Raspberry Pi Based Lightweight and Energy-Efficient Private Email Infrastructure for SMEs, Sufian Hameed, Muhammad Arsal Asif. In Information Innovation Technology in Smart Cities, Springer, November 2017 [Online ISBN: 978-981-10-1741-4, Print ISBN: 978-981-10-1740-7, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-1741-4_22]
Peered Review International Journal
- Towards Disaster Resilient Smart Cities: Can Internet of Things and Big Data Analytics be the Game Changers?, Syed Attique Shah, Dursun Zafer Seker, M. Mazhar Rathore, Sufian Hameed, Sadok Ben Yahia and Dirk Draheim, IEEE Access, IF: 4.098 Vol. 7, 2019, Electronic ISSN: 2169-3536 (Accepted for Publication)
- The Rising Role of Big Data Analytics and IoT in Disaster Management: Recent Advances, Taxonomy and Prospects, Syed Attique Shah, Dursun Zafer Seker, Sufian Hameed, Dirk Draheim, IEEE Access, IF: 4.098 Vol. 7(1), 2019, Electronic ISSN: 2169-3536, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2913340
- Understanding Security Requirements and Challenges in Internet of Things (IoTs): A Review, Sufian Hameed, Faraz Idris Khan, Bilal Hameed, Hindawi Journal of Computer Networks and Communications (JCNC) [ISI and Scopus Indexed], ISSN: 2090-7141, Vol. 2019, 10 January 2019. DOI: 10.1155/2019/9629381
- HADEC: Hadoop based Live DDoS Detection Framework, Sufian Hameed, Usman Ali, EURASIP Journal on Information Security, ISSN: 2510-523X, doi:10.1186/s13635-018-0081-z
- Isolating Malicious Controller(s) In Distributed Software-Defined Networks With Centralized Reputation Management, Bilal Karim Mughal, Sufian Hameed, Bilal Hameed, International Journal of Future Generation Communication and Networking (SERSC – IJFGCN), Volume 11, No. 5, September 2018, DOI: 10.14257/ijfgcn.2018.11.5.02 ISSN: 2233-7857 (ISI Indexed).
- SDN Based Collaborative Scheme for Mitigation of DDoS Attacks, Sufian Hameed, Hassan Ahmed Khan, MDPI Future Internet 2018, 10(3), 23; (Indexed in Ei Compendex, Scopus and the Emerging Sources Citation Index) doi:10.3390/fi10030023.
- Efficacy of Object-Based Passwords for User Authentication, Sufian Hameed, Lamak Qaizar, Shankar Khatri, International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security (IJCSNS), Vol. 17 No. 12, December 2017, ISSN: 1738-7906 (ISI Indexed)
- The Art of Crypto Currencies: A Comprehensive Analysis of Popular Crypto Currencies, Sufian Hameed, Sameet Farooq, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications (IJACSA), Volume 7 Issue 12 December 2016, ISSN: 2158-107X (ISI Indexed).
- A Centralized Reputation Management Scheme for Isolating Malicious Controllers in Distributed Software-Defined Networks, Bilal Karim Mughal, Sufian Hameed, Ghulam Muhammad Shaikh, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications (IJACSA), Volume 7 Issue 12 December 2016, ISSN: 2158-107X (ISI Indexed).
- Software Defined Security Service Provisioning Framework for Internet of Things, Faraz Idris Khan, Sufian Hameed, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications (IJACSA), Volume 7 Issue 12 December 2016, ISSN: 2158-107X (ISI Indexed).
- Fighting Spam Using Social GateKeepers, Sufian Hameed, Xiaoming Fu, Pan Hui and Nishanth Satry, Networking Science, Springer Verlag, Tsinghua Press, 2013, 2, 28-41.
Peered Review International Conferences/Workshops
- Leveraging SDN for Collaborative DDoS Mitigation, Sufian Hameed, Hassan Ahmed Khan, In SDNFlex in conjunction with the International Conference on Networked Systems Goettingen, Germany, 13-17 March 2017.
- Securing Software Defined Networks Against Rogue Controllers, Faraz Idris Khan, Ahmed Sohail, Muhammad Saad Saleem, Humza Bin Javed, Moiz Farhat Tainuri and Sufian Hameed, In International Conference on Cyber Security and Digital Forensics (CSDiFO), Islamabad, Pakistan, 7-8 December 2016.
- Protecting NFC Data Exchange against Eavesdropping with Encryption Record Type Definition, Sufian Hameed, Usman Murad Jamali, Adnan Samad, In 15th IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS) Istanbul, Turkey, 25-29 APRIL 2016 .
- Efficacy of Live DDoS Detection with Hadoop, Sufian Hameed, Usman Ali, In 15th IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS) Istanbul, Turkey, 25-29 APRIL 2016.
- PiMail: Affordable, Lightweight and Energy-Efficient Private Email Infrastructure, Sufian Hameed, Muhammad Arsal Asif, Farhan Kamal Khan, In 11th International Conference on Innovations in Information Technology (IIT’15) Dubai, UAE, 1-3 November 2015.
- Integrity Protection of NDEF Message with Flexible and Enhanced NFC Signature Records, Sufian Hameed, Usman Murad Jamali, Adnan Samad, In 14th IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (TrustCom 2015) Helsinki, Finland, 20-22 August 2015.
- Lightweight Security Middleware to Detect Malicious Content in NFC Tags or Smart Posters, Sufian Hameed, Bilal Hameed, Syed Atyab Hussain, Waqas Khalid, In 13th IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (TrustCom 2014) Beijing,China, September 2014.
- ClickSafe: Providing Security against Clickjacking Attacks, Jawwad Shamsi, Sufian Hameed, Waleed Rehman, Farooq Zuberi, Kaiser Altaf, Ammar Amjad, 15th IEEE International Symposium on High Assurance Systems Engineering (HASE), Miami, Florida, USA, January 2014.
- SafePass: Authentication under Duress for ATM Transactions, Sufian Hameed, Syed Atyab Hussain, Sohail Hussain Ali, 2nd National Conference on Information Assurance, Rawalpindi, Pakistan, December 2013.
- Identity Based Email Sender Authentication for Spam Mitigation, Sufian Hameed, Tobias Kloht, Xiaoming Fu, 8th IEEE International Conference on Digital Information Management (ICDIM), Islamabad, Pakistan September 2013.
- Evaluation of Human Altruism Using a DTN-based Mobile Social Network Application, Sufian Hameed, AlexanderWolf, Konglin Zhu, Xiaoming Fu, 5th workshop on Digital Social Networks (DSN 2012) in conjunction with Gesellschaft für Informatik (GI 2012), Braunschweig, Germany, September 2012.
- iSATS: Leveraging Identity Based Sender Authentication for Spam Mitigation, Sufian Hameed, Tobias Kloht, Xiaoming Fu, 7th International Conference on Security and Cryptography (Secrypt), Rome, Italy, July 2012.
- LENS: Leveraging Social Networking and Trust to Prevent Spam Transmission, Sufian Hameed, Xiaoming Fu, Pan Hui and Nishanth Sastry, in 19th IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP), Vancouver, BC Canada, October 2011.
- Leveraging Social Networking and trust to prevent Spam transmission, Sufian Hameed, Pan Hui, Xiaoming Fu, Nishanth Sastry, 5th ACM EuroSys Doctoral Workshop (EuroDW 2011), Salzburg, Austria, April 2011.
- Efficacy of Object-Based Passwords for User Authentication, Sufian Hameed, Lamak Qaizar, Shankar Khatri, Technical Report No. arXiv:1711.11303v1, 30th November 2017.
- On the Efficacy of Live DDoS Detection with Hadoop, Sufian Hameed, Usman Ali, Technical Report No. arXiv:1506.08953v1, arXiv.org, 30th June 2015.
- LENS : LEveraging social Networking and trust to prevent Spam transmission, Sufian Hameed, Pan Hui, Xiaoming Fu and Nishanth Sastry, Technical Report No. IFI-TB-2011-02, Institute of Computer Science, University of Göttingen, Germany, ISSN 1611-1044, February 2011.
- Leveraging Email based Social Networks to Prevent Spam: Framework, System Design and Evaluation, Sufian Hameed, PhD Dissertation, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, Mathematisch-naturwissenschaftliche Fakultäten, 2012-09-06.
- Evaluation and Improvement of Security in ZigBee Networks, Sufian Hameed, Master Thesis, Philips Research Labs Aachen, DS group Aachen, June 2008.